A Snapshot of Cardiovascular Disease
You may follow the list below to guide yourself through the interesting and telling figures provided throughout this report of figures and tables
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality and healthcare expense worldwide (Fig 1).
- Occlusive coronary disease is the most prevalent of the cardiovascular diseases (Fig 2).
- Stent and DES are effective therapies for Occlusive coronary disease (Fig 3,4). No longer a broad unmet clinical need.
- Majority of cardiovascular Disease and therapy options are listed in Table 1.
- Column 2,3,4, and 5 need effective and cost-conscious therapy innovation.
- Column 4 has dependence on column 1, 2, and 3.
On a worldwide scale, the most lethal disease on the planet is cardiovascular based. with 31% of all global deaths attributed to heart disease, researchers and physicians alike are working towards developing novel methods by which we can combat the serious and devastating symptoms accompanying common heart failure.
There are a variety of heart diseases, and each necessitates a particular type of treatment in order to cure the patient. While some heart diseases may necessitate surgical intervention, others may be treated with medication and a change in diet. However, the most lethal and common category of heart disease is coronary heart disease. In this instance, the patient commonly suffers from severe and intense pains, as the supply of oxygenated-blood feeding the heart itself is reduced.
Images of Interventional Stent Procedure
Produced in Collaboration with Professor Syed Hossainy, PhD. , Innovation Incubator, Abbott Vascular